Is your business ready to describe the carbon footprint of your products and services?
There is currently plenty of debate around providing information to clients and consumers to make an informed choice based on the environmental impact.
The issue is how to ensure everyone is comparing apples with apples?
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions yes, Scope 3 begins to get a bit grey.
Include lifetime carbon footprint with total energy use and final disposal?
How to ensure your competitors are using similar methodology and reporting accurately?
Formal legal requirements are edging ever closer. Yes, it could be a bit of a mess, but businesses will need to report something! The most significant policy within the UK supply chains is Procurement Policy Note (PPN) 06/21: Taking account of Carbon Reduction Plans in the procurement of major government contracts. Link Below.
This PPN 06/21 basically requires all suppliers to know the carbon footprint of their business to the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) accounting protcol, and then be able to describe what percentage of the carbon footprint is associated with the supply of goods and services to the government.
The NHS is currently driving this requirement through their supply chain but all government contracts will follow.
- Rooftop Wind Turbines: Revolutionizing Urban Renewable Energy
- A Twelve-Month Stretch Above 1.5°C Global Warming Target
- The New Frontier in EV Charging: Earning Revenue from Home EV Chargers
- Navigating Scope 3 Information Requests from Customers: A Supplier’s Perspective
- Harnessing Collective Energy: The Future of Business Energy Management
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS): A Comprehensive Overview
- Harnessing AI for Sustainable Energy: Revolutionizing Efficiency and Integration
- Electrifying Opportunity: How Sports Venues Can Revolutionize EV Charging and Boost Revenue
- Home Smart Meter Display: A Personal Experience
- Water Management: Navigating Climate Change and Financial Implications
- The Climate Change Warming Stripe: UK’s Hottest Years on Record
- Embracing Sustainability: The Shift from Gas to Electric Ovens in Large-Scale Food Production
- Energy Priorities for 2024: Steering Towards a Sustainable Future
- COP28 UAE – Summary of Climate Conference
- Carbon Footprint of Cruises: Analysis and the Path Towards Greener Waters
- Shared Responsibility: Understanding Scope 3 Carbon Emissions in Supply Chains
- Have yourself a very merry sustainable low carbon Christmas
- Employee Engagement in Energy Conservation: Strategies and Benefits
- Chilling Profits: How Businesses Should Prepare for Winter Energy Use
- Integrating Scope 3 Emissions, Social Value, and ESG: A Comprehensive Approach for Business Reporting
- Shading the Way to Savings: The Advantages of Solar Panel Carports Over Roof-Mounted Solar Panels
- Nobody Panic However the Triads are Coming
- The Hidden Hurdles of Hydrogen Gas Boilers: A Critical Examination
- Biomass for Heating Water: A Green Alternative to Gas and LPG
- Managing EV Chargers at Work: Best Practices and Employee Charging Fees
- The Recent UK Offshore Wind Turbine Auction Failure: Examining the Price Factor and Its Impact
- PPN 0621, The Business Advantage of Annual Carbon Footprint Reports and Net Zero Planning
- Weighing Up Renewable Energy Options for Your Business: A Path to Sustainability and Profitability
- Choosing New Over Repair for a Washing Machine
- What are PPAs and how can thay help a business Go Green?
- Global Average Temperatures likely to Exceed 1.5 degrees.
- Revolutionizing Business Energy Efficiency: Heat Pumps as Gas Boiler Alternative
- Increasing demand for Carbon Footprint information
- Online Calculators for Understanding your Energy and Carbon Footprint
- Harnessing the Power of Wind: The Benefits and Challenges of Wind Turbines for UK Businesses
- What is Half-Hourly Electricity Meter Data?
- Online Training in Energy and Carbon Footprint: Vital for Businesses
- EV Charging at your Business – the Pros and Cons
- UK Electricity Carbon Emissions are Up by 7% in 2023
- Eco-Savings: How Small Businesses Can Reduce Energy Use and Reap Cost and Carbon Benefits
- Large Battery Storage Systems for a Business, operational pros and cons
- Exploring the Pros and Cons of Solar Power and Large Battery Storage Systems
- Progress Towards Net-Zero in the UK Leaves Room for Improvement.